I run in Central Park almost every day (in fact I've run #everypath a few times), and along the way I've found quite a few hidden secrets. Here's a list of my top 12 secrets of Central Park. And along the way, 12 random facts about the Park too.
If you liked these, be sure to check out my 12 Hidden Secrets in BRYANT PARK: https://youtu.be/tFuoWREu4QU
The secrets and facts are organized by geography. I start in the Southeast corner of the Park and end in the Northwest corner. You can follow my path, all 6.3 miles, here:
1. Hallett Nature Sanctuary - Be sure to check the schedule here:
Central Park Conservancy website: http://www.centralparknyc.org/things-to-see-and-do/attractions/hallett-nature-sanctuary.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
My other video on the Sanctuary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYfKVkYB9FM
Precise Location: (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hallett+Nature+Sanctuaryfirstname.lastname@example.org,-73.9750243,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1cc31411348799ba!8m2!3d40.7666397!4d-73.9750243)
2. Rat Rock Bouldering (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Umpire+Rockemail@example.com,-73.9782286,245m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x1cc31411348799ba!2sHallett+Nature+Sanctuary!8m2!3d40.7666397!4d-73.9750243!3m4!1s0x0:0x4372d987987f83b4!8m2!3d40.7691241!4d-73.9777711) Rat Rock is colloquial. The actual name is Umpire Rock. But outside of Google and Central Park's website, I've literally never heard anybody refer to it as Umpire Rock.
3. Original Survey Bolt (Central Park wants to keep the exact location of the survey bolt a secret)
4. Bethesda Terrace Bathrooms - (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B046'24.6%22N+73%C2%B058'16.1%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-73.9716842,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.77351!4d-73.971137)
5. Ramble Cave (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B046'40.8%22N+73%C2%B058'17.0%22Wemail@example.com,-73.9719472,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.778006!4d-73.9714)
6. Lamp Post Navigation (Throughout the Park)
7. Shakespeare’s Garden (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B046'47.2%22N+73%C2%B058'12.2%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-73.9706022,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.77978!4d-73.970055)
8. Whispering Bench (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B046'47.4%22N+73%C2%B058'10.5%22Wemail@example.com,-73.9701282,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.779844!4d-73.969581)
9. Seneca Village (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B047'02.6%22N+73%C2%B058'07.7%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-73.9693582,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.784047!4d-73.968811)
10. Water Source (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B047'39.1%22N+73%C2%B057'40.2%22Wemail@example.com,-73.9617192,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.794186!4d-73.961172)
11. Mt. St. Vincent Ruins (https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B047'40.5%22N+73%C2%B057'10.8%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-73.9535612,161m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.794585!4d-73.953014)
12. Blockhouse (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Block+House+No.+email@example.com,-73.9563705,60m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x0!2zNDDCsDQ3JzQwLjUiTiA3M8KwNTcnMTAuOCJX!3b1!8m2!3d40.794585!4d-73.953014!3m4!1s0x0:0x66e955666ef1ccd2!8m2!3d40.7986311!4d-73.956278)
There are a lot more secrets in the Park. If you liked this video and want to see more, leave a comment below and tell me! For now, you can watch all my videos from Central Park here:
Music is royalty free from YouTube's Audio Library:
"Microchip" by Jason Farnham
Thanks so much for watching, liking, commenting, and sharing! You guys are the best!
Check out all the gear we use, from cameras and tech to our awesome camping gear, here: https://www.amazon.com/shop/perfectlittleplanet
Subscribe for (almost) daily videos of new experiences in New York City and around the world.
I'm Brian and my wife is Isa. We travel A LOT. We're all about making memories and creating great experiences. We try to stay positive and optimistic and show you everything our perfect little planet has to offer.
YouTube (Subscribe to this channel for free to be the first to see new videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/perfectlittleplanet?sub_confirmation=1
See everything in one place: http://www.perfectlittleplanet.com/
Check out the #EveryPath project (Explore your world!): http://everythingbrisa.blogspot.com/2016/01/everypath-in-central-park.html
Thanks so much for watching, liking, and commenting! We really appreciate you spending your time with us! We hope you have a great day and experience something new today!